Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Slow month for service

This month was slow for service and I only managed to get one habitat day in technically (although I am signed up for the 1st of November and aim to make it up). I have really enjoyed my time volunteering and my last shift was without the class. I met quite a few very unique people including a whole host of marines. Unfortunately it started POURING rain and we had to pack up a little early. This time we were doing something a little different and putting up the walls of the house so it was 8 hours of hammer which gave me my share of blisters on both hands.
I have also started to do research for one of my professors. Right now I am only doing a review article on the effects of hydrogen sulfide as a neuromodulator but hopefully I can expand this into an experiment eventually since I am starting to form some ideas. The research articles that I once struggled to understand are now easy to understand thanks to this program and the frequency that we read articles.
Lately, the workload has slowed down and I feel like I need to focus my efforts elsewhere. I plan on adding more volunteer work at the hospital due to a lack of a car becoming problematic for getting to the places I need, or finding another extracurricular that I can do. Perhaps more research could be done or I could focus more on the MCAT prep that I may take in January before the changes are made.

Hours: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment